eco-tecture + design + build
Building with Life
“We realize the need for constant innovation of new means & tools if we are to meet the future requirement for a more sustainable built environment.”
The Integration of Building & Landscape - Our design approach is based on the ecological notion that the world is composed of interacting energies (water, air, wind, sun, soil, plants, animals etc.) and investigates how humans can partner with this community for an enhanced existence for all.
1. Materials have their own characteristic energies and intrinsic qualities.
2. Built forms interact with the micro & macro-environment and affect the ecology of place.
3. Built forms need to respond to energy flows and movements of natural systems.
4. The functions of a building, such as water use, heating, cooling, food processing, can mimic natural processes.
5. A holistic building environment enhances the well-being and vitality of the local flora and fauna as well as its human inhabitants.
6. Holistic design reflects the sacred, animistic, graceful and wild expressiveness inherent in nature.
7. Architectural integration with the landscape requires a biodynamic and transactional response.
BUILDINGS AS CARBON EATERS – Algae-based photo-bioreactors incorporated into building facades would operate to remove carbon dioxide from the air.
At SYMBIOS, we are constantly conducting research into next-generation building systems to promote and integrate such systems into ‘living’ building environments.